Corporate Involvement Opportunities
PA EITC Program
Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia has been approved as an “educational improvement organization” by the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development, which means that your corporate gift to Breakthrough could provide a substantial tax credit, up to 90%. For more information, click here.
Sponsor an Event
Do you want to see your company logo on a Breakthrough t-shirt or your banner at our annual Breakfast with Breakthrough Champions? There are many opportunities for corporate sponsorships, big and small, at Breakthrough. Contact Dr. Robbin Smart, Executive Director, for more information.
Become a Career Day Sponsor
Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia invites you to make a difference in the lives of our college-bound youth this summer by welcoming them into your workplace for a one-day career exploration experience. Career Day creates a unique chance for our students to learn what it takes to achieve success in a 21st century workplace, and to identify potential fields of interest.
What are the goals of Career Day?
- Raise our middle school students’ awareness in the multitude of careers and professional opportunities available to them
- Increase knowledge of academic requirements necessary to pursue these careers
- Expose students to professionals and role models in fields they may be interested in pursuing
- Educate students about the skills required to be successful in a 21st century workplace
Why should your company get involved?
- To expose students to career opportunities and help them recognize the breadth of careers in various industries
- To contribute to the development of Philadelphia’s future workforce
- To become a positive role model for Philadelphia’s youth
- To gain public exposure for your business
Our 7th, 8th, and 9th grade students will come prepared to learn about your organization and the career opportunities available. The most successful Career Days include a tour of the company office or facility, as well as an opportunity to meet people from a variety of job positions and departments. We respectfully ask that you plan to provide lunch for the small group that will be visiting. Our students will appreciate anything from pizza in your lunchroom to a trip to a local restaurant.
We appreciate you taking time to consider supporting our students as they work toward successful futures.
If you are interested in hosting a career day, please contact Tascha Chalmers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Three weeks in to the summer at Breakthrough, I knewthat teaching was where my heart lay, and that I would be a teacher. There is simply nothing that compares to working with kids in an educational setting: being immersed in their passion for learning, their creativity, and their intelligence was truly a high point of my life. And from the wonderful, dynamic co-teachers to the passionate site directors and ever-patient teacher coaches, the Breakthrough community is an exceptional one.
- Zoe Freeman