Join Breakthrough. Achieve your Dreams.
Is College In Your Future?
Be Breakthrough: Life as a Student
Breakthrough students commit to six years of academic programming and college preparation with high expectations including:
- Six-week summer programs before 7th, 8th, and 9th grade
- Four core academic classes including math, science, writing, and literature
- Two hours of homework four nights per week
- Elective classes such as dance, Spanish, inventions, photography, and debate
- In 7th and 8th Grade:
- Saturday classes during the school year in 7th and 8th grade
- Assistance applying to high schools in Philadelphia so that you have the best opportunity to attend the Philadelphia high school that will set you on your path to college
- In High School:
- Monthly Grade Meeting Workshops to support high school success and the college application process
- Tutoring and SAT preparation resources
- Assistance with applying to college including support through the financial aid process
Students also participate in:
- Special events and activities
- College tours
- Field trips
- Career exploration
Families stay engaged through:
- Parent/teacher conferences
- Open houses
- Phone calls
- Progress reports
- Parents Association
Breakthrough maintains a selection preference for students whose families meet income criteria and those whose parents did not graduate from a four year college or university in the United States.
We are Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia
and we have high expectations!
We commit ourselves to hard work, dedication and above all
excellence in learning!
We are Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia!
There are no upcoming events.